26 February 2015

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Review & Swatches

After reading and hearing rave reviews about this Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, I decided to splurge and get it myself to try out. Boy am I glad that I did.



I only decided to purchase the smallest size available in Mecca which 8.95ml (10ml) and it cost $25. A steep price to pay but believe me it's worth it. On a side note, I'm really impressed with the Hourglass products and may turn into a brand snob if they continue making such amazing things.

This primer comes in three different sizes.
10ml - $25.00
30ml - $69.00
60ml - $96.00

The 10ml and 30ml come in a frosted glass bottle with an attached pump, but the 60ml comes in a tube.

The thing that was a big selling point to me was the fact that this primer comes with Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide which are natural sunscreen ingredients meaning it's not full of chemicals and in return it doesn't turn my face into a grease ball with breakouts.


I have tried many other primers on the market from high end to drug store but I have never found one that works as well as this one does. It actually keeps my foundation in place and is still looking great after a big 10 hour day. Unlike other primers this one is truly oil-free and fragrance free.



The Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is white and can leave a slight white cast upon initial application but it gets absorbed into the skin within seconds and you can carry on with your foundation.

The texture of the primer is very water like, similar to a serum which makes it easy to blend and a little goes a long way. You can see by the swatches that it blurs the appearance of your skin instantly.




Overall I'm really happy with this product and I'm happy to pay the huge price tag for a product that works on my skin and performs to my satisfaction.



Have you tried this primer before? Did it work on you? 

 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, I think you've convinced me! I need this product!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...