12 December 2014

Rimmel London Provocalips Review & Swatches

Who’s ready for a lipstick/stain/gloss that lasts the whole day, is kiss proof and that you can sleep in without leaving any smudges behind? 

Top to Bottom: Rimmel Provocalips 550 Play with Fire, 500 Kiss me you Fool, 230 Kiss Fatal, 310 Little Minx, 200 I'll Call You, 110 Dare to Pink, 730 Make Your Move, 700 Skinny Dipping

I was so excited to receive these gorgeous Rimmel Londong Provocalips by the wonderful girls from Coty PR and couldn't wait to try them. 

The Packaging 
The packaging is playful and youthful. It is double ended. One side is the liquid lipstick and the other side is the gloss. 

The Product
There are 8 shades which are variations of reds, pinks, plum tones and nudes.
The liquid lipstick is slightly runny and any excess needs to be wiped off the applicator or things can get very messy. Once you apply it to you lips, like many other similar products you need to wait for a few seconds for it to dry and feel slightly tacky on the lips. 
Then you apply the sealing top coat which gives you shine like a gloss but it feels like a lip balm. 
I applied this in the morning about 7am and did what I normally do. Eat breakfast, go to work, gym (yep I was that girl in the gym with lipstick on), kissing my kiddies, lunch and dinner and i even did a kissing test with hubby (for review purposes of cause). The colour did not budge. I did have to apply the top coat a few times as my lips were feeling dry but that's not a deal breaker for me. I saw a lot of reviews online where people said they couldn't remove the colour at the end of the night. I didn't have that problem. I wore the colour 200 I'll Call You (totally my new favourite) and it looked amazing all day and it came of with my Garnier Micellar Water. 

Top to Bottom: Rimmel Provocalips 550 Play with Fire, 500 Kiss me you Fool, 230 Kiss Fatal, 310 Little Minx, 200 I'll Call You, 110 Dare to Pink, 730 Make Your Move, 700 Skinny Dipping

L - R: Rimmel Provocalips 550 Play with Fire, 500 Kiss me you Fool, 230 Kiss Fatal, 310 Little Minx, 200 I'll Call You, 110 Dare to Pink, 730 Make Your Move, 700 Skinny Dipping

Top to Bottom: Rimmel Provocalips 550 Play with Fire, 500 Kiss me you Fool, 230 Kiss Fatal, 310 Little Minx, 200 I'll Call You, 110 Dare to Pink, 730 Make Your Move, 700 Skinny Dipping

Top to Bottom: Rimmel Provocalips 550 Play with Fire, 500 Kiss me you Fool, 230 Kiss Fatal, 310 Little Minx, 200 I'll Call You, 110 Dare to Pink, 730 Make Your Move, 700 Skinny Dipping
Excuse the bad picture quality. My camera just wouldn't focus that day for some reason. 

My Verdict 
The product is comfortable to wear. I kinda forgot i even had it on at one point. It's not as drying as some other similar products and when Rimmel London says that its got 16 hours lasting power you better believe it. 
If I didn't have all the colours already i would definitely be buying these. These would be perfect for brides and bridesmaids and those who love wearing lipsticks that are out there but don't want to worry too much about touching it up throughout the day. 
At $17.95 I think this is an essential in every makeup bag because we all need a good quality long lasting lip product. 

Have you tried the Rimmel London Provocalips? What did you think? What is your favourite colour? 

 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png

*PR Sample

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you ! I love the "Play with Fire" best. Lasts all day and is a suberb shade of red. Thank you for your Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...