15 November 2014

Chanel Les 4 Ombres Eyeshadow Quad in 34 Eclosion Review

My beautiful mum bought me this Chanel Eyeshadow Quad on her travels in Europe (how spoilt am I?) and I've been holding off trying it because it was so pretty and it is Chanel. I didn't want to disturb the beautiful compact or the colours. I know a little crazy but I'm sure there are others who feel that way.


The Packaging
The eyeshadows come in the classic black and gold Chanel box and the actual compact is kept in the beautiful velvet pouch. The eyeshadows come in a beautiful compact that holds a decent size mirror and 2 eyeshadow applicators. 



The Eyeshadows
The first eyeshadow is a beautiful muted coral/peach colour that has a beautiful sheen. The colour is absolutely beautiful and a favourite for me. 

The second colour is an ivory beige with gold glitter through it. While the actual colour is gorgeous the glitter completely turns me off. 

The third colour is nude with pink undertones with a slight sheen. It's my favourite for highlighting the brow bone and to add to the inner corners of the eye. 

The fourth colour is a beautiful plum with a slight sheen and probably the most matte in the quad. 






What I Like About It
The colours compliment each other really well and the quad is the perfect size to pop into your on the go makeup bag. 

What I Don't Like About It
The actual eyeshadows. Let me elaborate. Whilst I love the colours, the quality of the eyeshadows isn't great considering how much you pay for it. The pigmentation is almost none existent and when I attempted to blend the colours together I managed to somehow get rid of the colours on my eyelids. I actually had to pack on the colours and blend the eyeshadows very very very gently in order to end up with any colour on my eyes. It may work better with a base colour but I haven't tried that yet. 

Will I buy any other Chanel eyeshadows? Probably not. I do love the colours but for the price of one of these I could get myself a few good quality MAC or Makeup Geek eyeshadows. 

Have you tried any Chanel eyeshadows? How did you like it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...