24 October 2014

Let's talk about Weightloss: Sore, the most satisfying feeling!

I haven't talked about weightloss for some time now and I just had to share this with you all.

Between myself and the kids we've been sick for weeks if not months so not much was happening on the weightloss front. Lack of sleep, lack of exercise and frankly lack of smart food choices hasn't seen me going anywhere. I have finally (fingers and toes crossed) shaken my chest infection and decided to get back to exercising. Nothing too straining until I'm 100% so my exercise of late included some walking, situps, lunges, squats oh and let's not forget the 6 hour shopping trip on Wednesday.

Today as I was standing in line in Big W to pay for a few things, those dreaded chocolates at the checkout line caught my attention and I really really really wanted one. As I moved to get one I realised the muscle pain in my body. My legs, butt, arms and abs everything was sore, but it was a good sore. I actually enjoyed the pain (WHAT!!!!), and I realised that the pain of my muscles working so hard to keep my body moving and working hard to get me toned was a whole lot more satisfying than that chocolate bar ever will. So I promptly stepped away from the chocolates feeling very proud of myself.

I texted my brother (the running crossfit freak) a few minutes later telling him that the pain was more satisfying than chocolate and apparently that made his day! Go me and the very slowly changing mindset. It's these little reminders and fist pump moments that will make this journey a successful one!

And I'm pretty sure that my brother will print this and frame it as a constant reminder that YES I ADMIT, I ENJOY EXERCISE AND THE PAIN THAT COMES WITH IT!

Image Source: Pinterest

I would love to hear some of your recent breakthroughs with whatever you may be battling in life at the moment. 


 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...