25 September 2014

IMATS Sydney Haul

The International Makeup Artists Trade Show (IMATS) was on in Sydney this weekend and it was the very first time at IMATS for me. I wasn't too sure if I should go or not but since my wonderful Mother In Law offered to look after the kids, I took the opportunity to go on my own and check it out.

I went in with an open mind, no "wish list" and determined not to go overboard spending crazy amounts of money. I'm really happy with what I picked up but there were a few things that I really wanted to add to my collection but the line ups for those products were insane and I wasn't prepared to wait and battle with the crowds, but here is what I did get.


myipalette
I believe this is a dupe for the Z Palette but at the fraction of the price. This is the large sized palette and fits 15 MAC eyeshadows inside. This was a bargain at $15 and I can't wait to fill it up.

Beauty so Clean
This is my favourite brush cleaner. I have a smaller bottle in my professional makeup kit and it's one of the fastest drying cleaners that I've ever used. It also doesn't damage my brushes which is another bonus.

Monda Studio Mixing Palette
Pretty self explanatory. Love these palettes as they're easy to clean and sterilise.


Melli Cosmetics Lipsticks in Romance and Petal 
Those who follow me on Instagram know that I love my Melli eyeshadow palette so I could not wait to try out their lipsticks. I had to really contain myself at their stand and only picked up 2 lipsticks which are very natural that can be used on a daily basis. Stay tuned for a full review on these.

Melli Cosmetics Lipstick in Romance

Melli Cosmetics Lipstick in Petal

MAC
I'll admit I did wait in line for about 30min to pick up these items from MAC but that is because I finally finally managed to get my hands on the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle. I also picked up the Mineralized Blush in New Romance (see a pattern in colour choices) and their Cremesheen Lipstick in Peach Blossom.

MAC Mineralize Blush in New Romance

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle

MAC Peach Blossom


I also got to meet the lovely Lilit from Makeup and Macaroons and I bumped into Jodie from GooRooBeauty!

What did you end up getting at IMATS and have you met anyone you look up to in the beauty world? 
 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...