09 August 2014

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette Review & Swatches

I'm so happy to be finally reviewing the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette. I've had it for about a month and a half and have loved playing around with it.

I bought mine at Mecca Maxima when they finally got it back in stock. They had apparently put it out on the shelfs that morning and I managed to snatch the second last only about 3 hours after opening.


The Packaging
The packaging is very similar to the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. This one also reminds me of the funky pencil cases that I used to have in the 80's. It's a metal tin but unlike the Naked 3 palette it has a magnet closure which does not seem like a very secure way to close the palette. I have also noticed that one end of the palette is completely shut, whereas the other has a slight gap.

The Eyeshadows 
I'm really happy with the choice of colour that you get in this palette. Some are more pigmented than others but they all seem to be very nice, soft and butter and are very easy to apply. And it is true what they say, this palette really does smell like beautiful sweet chocolate. I caught hubby sniffing it the other day because he had a craving for chocolate (crazy man)


Gilded Ganache: Shimmering deep green/brown with rose gold glitter
White Chocolate: Matte Vanilla aka White chocolate
Salted Caramel: Matte Medium Orange with hints of Brown
Marzipan: Frosted version of the Salted Caramel colour
Semi-Sweet: Matte Brown
Hazelnut: Frosted Bronze Brown
Creme Brulee: Frosted Gold with a tinge of Rose Gold
Haute Chocolate: Frosted Brown

L-R
Top Row: Gilded Ganache, White Chocolate
Middle Row: Salted Caramel, Marzipan, Semi-Sweet
Bottom Row: Hazelnut, Creme Brulee, Haute Chocolate

Milk Chocolate: Matte Medium Brown
Black Forest Truffle: Shimmering Burgundy with Rose Gold Glitter
Triple Fudge: Matte Deep Dark Brown (I love this on my eyebrows)
Strawberry Bon Bon: Matte Light to Medium Pink
Candied Violet: Shimmering Cool Violet with Pink Shimmer
Amaretto: Frosted Brown with Red Undertones
Cherry Cordial: Matte Plum/Brown with a slight shimmer
Champagne Truffle: Frosted Light Pink

L - R
Top Row: Milk Chocolate, Black Forest Truffle, Triple Fudge
Mid Row: Strawberry Bon Bon, Candied Violet, Amaretto
Bottom Row: Cherry Cordial, Champagne Truffle

What I Like
The pigmentation of these eyeshadows is unbelievable especially on the frosted colours. I also like the colour variety and this is the perfect all year round palette.

What I Don't Like 
The packaging on this palette has really thrown me off. While I don't mind the metal tin, I do mind the magnetic closure which in my opinion is very flimsy and doesn't close properly. I also found one day one of the eyeshadows fell out of the palette and I had to use a hot glue gun to stick it back in. Not sure if I just received a bad batch of packaging or if they are all the same.


Have you tried this particular palette? What are your favourite colours? 

 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png


1 comment:

  1. The colours are so nice! But yeah I agree it is a pain to get crappy packaging especially when you spend quite a bit on it! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...