05 July 2014

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette Review

I'm so happy to be finally reviewing the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. I've now had it for about 2 months and it's been my go to palette ever since I first laid my eyes on it.

I bought mine from Sephora with a few other things that usually cost double the amount in Australia and had it shipped via a US mail forwarding service.


The Packaging
I absolutely adore the case of this palette. It reminds me of those funky pencil cases that I used to have in school back in the late 80's. It's a metal tin that closes shut properly unlike the Naked 1 palette. It comes with a huge mirror and a double ended brush.

The Eyeshadows 
I'm so in love with these amazing colours. They are Rose-hued neutrals and I find I can go from day to night with these eyeshadows. Most of the eyeshadows are well pigmented but some need a heavy hand or a wet application for the colours to stick to the eyelids and really show off the colour.


Strange: Matte Vanilla with a hint of baby pink
Dust: Shimmering Peachy-Pink with silver glitter. This is one of the colours that are best used wet to get full pigmentation
Burnout: Shimmering Pinky-Peach colour with a subtle pearl
Limit: Matte Dusty Pink

L - R: Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit

Buzz: Shimmering Rose
Trick: Shimmering Peachy-Cooper
Nooner: Matte Warm Dusty Rose
Liar: Shimmering Mauve

L - R: Buzz, Trick, Nooner, Liar

Factory: Slightly Shimmering Warm Brown
Mugshot: Shimmering Taupe
Darkside: Slightly Shimmering Plum Taupe
Blackheart: Matte Black with Cooper Glitter

L - R: Factory, Mugshot, Darkside, Blackheart

What I Like
I love the colours. I'm one of those people who actually prefer to wear pinky neutral colours on my eyes than brown or grey just because it really softens my brown eyes and dark hair and let's face it, I'm a girly girl so pink is always acceptable. I have created a few different looks with this palette and as mentioned before it has been my go to palette for the past 2 months.

What I Don't Like 
The only thing that I don't like about it is that the colour Dust which is also my favourite isn't more pigmented. It would make my life so much easier if I didn't have to be so heavy handed to get the full effect of the colour.

I'll be posting a few different makeup looks using only the Naked 3 palette over the next few weeks as I've heard a lot of people say that you can't achieve more than one or two looks with it.

Have you tried this particular palette? What are your favourite colours? 

 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png

4 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you about dust - it's such a lovely colour but hard to use! I still persist with it and works a lot better with primer. Would love to see some looks, I always have issues using the darker colours! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay tuned! I'll have the first look up in a few days

      Delete
  2. I love Dust as it is. I use it in the inner corners as a highlighter. I've all three Naked palettes and I think this is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using Dust on it's own too for a more subtle look but love the colour payout when applied wet. It's such a unique colour. I only have the Naked1 and Naked3 palette. I'm somehow just not too keen on the Naked2 palette

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...