10 July 2014

Laura Mercier Lip Stain in Shy Pink and Sugar Violet Review

I was buying a Laura Mercier foundation one day and these little lip stains caught my eye. I picked up the colours Shy Pink and Sugar Violet. Shy Pink is a light pink shade that is very close to being my natural lip colour. The Sugar Violet is a deep berry pink with some very faint glitter. 





According to Laura Mercier's website the Lip Stains are described as having "the visual effect of a  stain with the comfort and sheen of a lipgloss". 


Shy Pink

Sugar Violet

Without Flash

With Flash

I'm going to have to disagree with her on this one. The name "lip stain" is misleading. Stains are usually products that add pigmentation to the lips and get absorbed by the lips so you don't feel anything. A lip stain is also long lasting and requires a makeup remover at the end of the day to remove the colour off your lips. This product is not like that. It doesn't absorb into the lips like a stain and will transfer onto glass or your husband even an hour after applying it. After the hour it sort of seems to dry up and stay put for about 3-4 hours but it does fade after eating or drinking or kissing. 

The pigmentation on these is good for what it is and it doesn't feel sticky. That being said it's not very moisturising and I found it quiet drying on my lips especially in cooler weather, but if you pop a lip balm on first than the products doesn't sink into the lips at all. 

To me this is a matte lipstick in a jar that comes in classic shades but can be a bit of a hassle to re-apply as you need to use your fingers or a lip brush. Would I buy it again? Probably not. 

 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...