23 July 2014

Christian Dior DiorShow New Look Mascara Review

I've never been a huge fan of Dior mascaras. There was always something about them that just did not work for me. Last year I received a little Dior Compact Travel pack for my birthday and it had a sample size of this mascara. I used the compact but threw the mascara in a draw and forgot about it. A few months later it was the only one left after my son had left open all of my other mascaras and they had completely dried out. (Naughty Naughty)


At first I wasn't overly impressed, but I persisted and it is one of my favourites at the moment.

The Packaging
The packaging is classic Dior. Black, glossy and luxurious. The actual mascara brush is surprisingly small, which makes getting to those tiny eyelashes a dream. It's a rubber wand with two noticeable sections to it. The wand is also very soft and moves with application.




The Product
I have the colour black (it comes in brown and blue) and it's the blackest black that I've had with a mascara for a long time. My eyelashes are very thin and short but this gives them volume and length. I still prefer my Maybelline Colassol mascara for extreme volume, but this is nice when you don't want that much volume on your lashes. The one thing I love about this product is that it lengthens the eyelashes and I can get to the littlest lash thanks to the small wand. It also has a slight wet look even when dry but according to the Dior website, this mascara was formulated to do that.

What I Like
Everything about it just seems to work for me for some reason. I'm not usually a fan of small rubber bristles on my mascara wand but this just works. The colour is amazing and the longevity on this one is great. I can apply this in the morning and it will still look the same at the end of the day. I've done the sleeping in it test (I know I know) and the crying test, and even thought it's not waterproof it did not move.
No Mascara
2 Coats of the Dior New Look Mascara
What I Don't Like
The price. At $52 AUD it is extremely overpriced considering it is only $28.50 USD in the States.

Overall I'm really happy with this mascara especially when purchased outside Australia.




Have you tried this DiorShow New Look Mascara?

 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...