23 June 2014

Red Lips for a Night Out

I'll be the first one to admit that I was petrified of red lipsticks, but as I got older and started experimenting I started to really fall in love with them. To me there is nothing better to see on a woman than a red lipstick that's done well and by that I mean the perfect balance of lips vs eyes. It's taken me a while to find the right balance for me and I wanted to share it with you how I do my eye makeup to go with a red lipstick on a night out.


I decided to use the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette for my eyes but you could use any brown or grey eyeshadows that you like.

Step 1 - Apply primer to your eyes and add a transition colour to your outer V and crease

Step 2 - Take a darker colour (I mixed 3) and intensify the outer V and crease. Then add a light shade colour and put that on your brow bone and inner eyelid and blend away until your colours are beautifully blended

Step 3 - Apply your liner. You can use any liner you like and extend the wing as far as you prefer. I like a small hardly noticeable wing because after all I want the red lips to be in the centre of attention with this look.

Step 4 - Take a highlighting colour and apply it to the inner corner of your eyes and take it down to your lower lash line. Add a darker eyeshadow colour and line half the outer lower lash line and blend well with the light colour.

Step 5 - Apply mascara and fake eyelashes if you like.

Step 6 - Take a lipliner and line your lips.

Step 7 - Pencil in your lips with the lipliner. Take a tissue paper and blot your lips.

Step 8 - To have long lasting lipstick I like to do the following. Apply your lipstick and again take a tissue paper and do the blotting trick. Then apply your final coat of lipstick. If you like yours matte, you can blot it with tissue paper again or add some gloss for amazing shine.




Products Used

Face
Primer: Maybelline Age Rewind Primer 
Foundation: Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation in Bamboo Beige
Concealer: Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in Light
Blush: Nars in Deep Throat

Eyes
Primer: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer
Eyeshadows: Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette 
                      Outer V and crease - Limit
                      Intensify outer V and crease with Nooner, Factory and Blackheart
                      Lower Lash line (darker colour) Blackheart
                      Stila In The Light Palette 
                      highlight inner corners and lower lash line with Kitten
Eyeliner: MAC Fluidline Gel Eyeliner in Blacktrack
Mascara: Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Mascara in Black
Eyebrows: Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Dark Brunette

Lips
Primer: Mary Kay Time Wise Lip Primer 
Lip Pencil: Rimmel Lasting Finish in Red Dynamite
Lipstick: MAC Cosmetics Lipstick in Russian Red

How do you prefer to wear a Red Lipstick? 


 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...