02 June 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Review

A few weeks ago I decided to bite the bullet and buy the New Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in the colour Luminous Flush. I've been lusting after this product ever since it was released and I was so happy to finally buy it.


I ordered mine from Mecca Cosmetica and it retails for $50 here in Australia. I had previously swatched the colour at Mecca Maxima and knew which colour I wanted to buy.

Let's start of with the packaging. How pretty is the beautiful rustic gold pan that this gorgeous blush comes in? It looks so beautiful and luxurious but I was really disappointed that the pan is plastic and not metal, although the plastic pan seems to be really good quality. The generous sized mirror is a wonderful addition to this product.



The blush is so finely milled and feels very velvety to the touch.


The colours are highly pigmented and the beautiful mix of the Ambient Lighting Blush and the Ambient Lightening Powder gives your cheeks such a gorgeous glow. What I like the most is that these blend beautifully and a little goes a long way. Believe me when I say a little goes a long way. The first few times when I applied it I was very heavy handed and I hated the product. I watched a few youtube videos and figured that these needed to be applied very lightly to get the look that they were designed to do. I've never been a fan of matte blushes so this was right up my alley once I figured out how to apply it properly. I absolutely love the beautiful glow I get when I apply this blush especially when I'm too busy some days to do anything else.




Are these worth the hefty $50 price tag? For me yes! I love a good blush and prefer to spend my money on a good quality blush than some other products considering I use blush to make me feel a little bit more human with my 2 little troublemakers who think 5.30am is a great time to start the day after being woken up hourly during the night. I also find that some blushes simply disappear after a few hours but this one definitely goes the distance and lasts all day long.


Have you tried the Ambient Lightening Blush and what do you like/dislike about it? 

 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...