25 June 2014

Benefit They're Real! Push-Up Liner Review

It's no secret just how much I love my Mac Fluidline Gel Eyeliner, so when the media went crazy about the release of the Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner which is gel eyeliner in a easy to use pen form, I was intrigued!

The Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner is set to be released in Australia on the 27th June, but I took the opportunity and bought mine at the Pre-Sale event at Myer on the 14th June.

For those of you who haven't heard about it yet, it's a new innovation for gel eyeliner. The gel eyeliner is packaged in a pen form with a special applicator called Accu-Flex Tip. It's like a rubber felt tip angled brush that's quiet flexible.


The Packaging
I love the feel of the packaging. The pen is a decent size and isn't too thick or too thin which makes holding it easy. It's also a twist pen. At first it takes about 20 twists to get the product out but after that it's a matter of one twist and you get enough product to line one eye. It also comes with a twist top lid which is a bonus for me as it means that it will stay put and there is no chance of the lid coming off by accident which then means no drying of the product.



The Product
The colour is matte jet black. I don't think you can go anymore black than this and I love it. Benefit also claim that this product won't smudge, budge or dry out and I have to agree with them. It does not budge and smudge! I tried to smoke it out and it didn't work, I let my kids touch my eyelids and it didn't budge and when I tried to remove it with my trusty micellar water it didn't move. It took a good amount of coconut oil to get this of my eyelids.



How To Use It
I've had this now for a few days and I wanted to cry the first time I attempted to use it. It does take some getting used to but I got there after the third attempt. I'm lucky to have learned to apply my regular gel liner with an angled brush. Once I looked past this product as being a pen and imagined it to be my regular angled brush things started to work out. Because of the amazing design of the rubber felt tip it's easy to press the product right into the lashline and draw the line. It also dries very quickly which prevents it from smudging onto the lower lashes or undereye area if you have to close your eyes to draw the line. I use the same steps as I do with my regular gel liner and it works out well.

What I Like
I really like the Benefit Push-Up Liner and it's longevity. It has amazing staying power and I just love that it's the blackest of blacks. I wouldn't use it on a day to day basis unless I can figure out how to draw a really fine line with it, but on the days when I want to rock a winged eyeliner or make my eyes stand out this will be my go to product.

What I Don't Like
The one problem that I came across with this Push-Up Liner is that if you try to go over the same line again, you may have the deal with flaking. Yes the line that was so beautifully drawn on seems to flake and crack if you go over it again which is a bit annoying. This is one of the things that has me turned off this product. Another downside to this Push-Up Liner is the price. At $35 it's quiet expensive and if you thought that other brands might soon release their own version of this Push-Up Liner I wouldn't get too excited. I read on the Benefit blog that they have the patent pending to this design so I'm looking forward to see if other cosmetic companies will copy it anyway or come up with something similar.




 Have you tried it? Do you like it? 

 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...