23 May 2014

What I use to keep my skin and lips soft

My friends and clients are forever asking me how I keep my hands soft. According to them they feel like baby skin and I always smile because that wasn't always the case.

A bit of a background. I've suffered from extremely dry hands and cracked skin on it and I always had cracked and dry lips.

In 2007 I went to Croatia for a holiday and I was talking to a friend one night about my concerns and she told me to try a product called Melem. I've never heard of it before she mentioned it. I went to the chemist the very next day and bought myself a little pot of this wonderful product. Within days my cracked hands felt softer and less sore and my lips felt a little bit more nourished. I brought another 10 pots of Melem back to Australia.



So what is Melem? Melem is an oil based cream that is made of Vaseline, Lanolin, Besswax, Castor Oil and Paraffin Oil. It can be used all over the body including the mucous mambrane (the skin that lines your mouth and nose). I've used it on my hands, lips, cuts, wax burn, dry patches and nappy rash. Oh it's a wonderful thing on nappy rash. The best part about this product is that it's completely natural and a little goes a long way. I usually scrape out the smallest amount and it covers my hands and lips. According to their website you only need about a rice grain size of product to cover your hands.


I have it in the 35ml and 10ml pot and in stick form because it's perfect for lips. It's in my handbag, my bathroom, my kitchen and my kids rooms.

I've now been using this for 7 years and I can honestly say that I've had a massive improvement in my skin. My hands don't get cracked anymore and are super soft. My lips get flaky and dry in colder weather but they don't crack like they used to. It's changed my life. The unfortunate thing is that you can't buy the original product in australia. You can get it in Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia, Macedonia, Slovenia, USA and Canada. I did discover another Melem product here in australia in a Deli Shop in Liverpool in Sydney's South West. It comes in a yellow pot but has the same name and consistency.

Image Source: www.melem.com


I've tried other products but nothing seems to come close to this. I would love to hear from you if you have a product that has completely changed your life, that you've been using for years and that you keep falling in love with over and over again.

 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...