01 May 2014

Weightloss, Fitness and Motherhood

Exactly one year ago I decided that enough was enough and that it was time to lose weight and get fit. As a teen I was active. I didn't do any sports but I used to walk everywhere. Walk to school, walk to work, walk to meet friends, walk with friends you name it I walked it. Fast forward into my early 20's and even thought I didn't do so much walking as I used to, I did go to the gym 3-4 times a week and clubbing every weekend. I'm sure the dancing burned some serious calories and I could eat anything I wanted without putting any weight on.

Fast forward to when I was 25, married and expecting my first baby! I became less active and ate way more. I knew it wasn't the right thing but the excuse "I'm eating for two" just kept coming up. My son was born and I stayed at home and continued the bad eating habits. Every so often I'd say I'd get fit and lose weight but that would always last for a day or two. Then I attempted weight watchers, fitness challenges on facebook, you name it. It all worked for a bit and then I'd give up and go back to my bad eating habits and no exercise. Then it was time for baby number 2 and the weight kept creeping up and up. From there I had even less time to prepare healthy meals, eating became something that I did on the go when the kids weren't in need of anything. Time for exercise was non existent. At least that's what I would tell myself. I finally realised that excuses count for nothing and that I needed to do this.

Image Source: Google 

One year ago exactly I discovered the Michelle Bridges12WBT. The program cost a fair bit of money but I figured it provided a meal plan, a shopping list, exercise programs and support. I signed up and completed the 12 weeks and was so happy with the results. Then I signed up for another round because I just couldn't continue on my own. Well that was a wasted round and so were another 2 after that. Whatever I managed to lose in the 1st round a year ago has been put back on.

Image Source: https://www.facebook.com/12WBT

But it's not all bad. In the last year I've learned some great things about nutrition and exercise. I did Crossfit with my brother, which I didn't enjoy. I can't explain what I didn't like, perhaps it was the killer WOD or doing things for time but in the end it just wasn't for me. I did my first running event, the Sydney Bridge Run which is a 9km course and completed it  and managed to complete it in 1 hour 29 minutes. I discovered my outdoor training group who I've been training with since december which I absolutely love. If it wasn't for tekniQ training, I wouldn't be where I am today.

Image Source: facebook.com

Sure not much has changed weight wise but I have become fitter, I have become stronger and I'm less whinny when it comes to exercise and just suck it up and do it (and we all know that muscle weights more than fat). I've discovered that I love boxing and lifting weights and I even have a before and after of my biceps which I'm so proud off! The beautiful trainers at tekniQ know your weakness and know how to make you feel great and push you that little bit more to complete a session. Besides the trainers, the other Tekniqers are friendly and helpful and there is always encouragement from others. Another thing that keeps me going back there is the variety. I've been training with them for 6 months now and I don't think I've ever had a repeat session. There is a wide range of exercises that we do and there is never a dull moment.

In saying all of that, I've decided to do another round of 12WBT to get my eating habits back in check.

Image Source: https://www.facebook.com/12WBT

So here is to a successful 12 weeks and seeing some more amazing results. I'm so grateful to have a wonderful husband who supports me and looks after the kids while I exercise. I also have a wonderful brother who is fitness freak who will push me to do more and who does happy dances with me about my calorie burn during a workout session. If you haven't heard about the program head on over to their website and have a look around. The meals are amazing and nutritious and by no means looks like "diet" food.

Are you doing a weightloss program? Does it work for you? What is your favourite exercise? 


* this is not a sponsored post and the opinions are my own



 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...