13 May 2014

Stila "In the Light" Eye Shadow Palette Review

After months of reading reviews about the Stila In the Light Eye Shadow Palette, it was only a matter of time before I actually went out and bought one for myself. Let's face it! I'm a complete sucker for eye shadow palettes!



I ordered mine at Mecca Cosmetica and it retails for $62 AUD. What I love about this palette is the combination of matte and shimmery shades. The fact that it can be worn dry or wet is an added bonus. The palette reminds me a little of the Original Naked Palette but I find the Stila colours to be alot more pigmented.



The smudge stick waterproof eyeliner is to die for. It's creamy enough to blend but has amazing staying power and does not smudge or run. The colour is called Damsel and is a beautiful cacao brown. Perfect for every day.




I attempted to remove the eyeliner with the Garnier Micellar water pretty much straight after applying it and this is the residue left.





From L - R: Bare, Kitten, Bliss, Sunset, Sandstone
Bare: Matte Ivory
Kitten: Shimmering Nude with a slight hint of pink
Bliss: Matte Natural with a slight pink undertone
Sunset: Simmering Cooper/Rose Gold
Sandstone: Matte Cacao 


From L - R: Bubbly, Glided Gold, Luster, Night Sky, Ebony
Bubbly: Shimmering Gold 
Glided Gold: Matte Brown with a gold shimmer
Lustre: Matte Charcoal with a gold shimmer 
Night Sky: Shimmering Blue
Ebony: Matte Black 

My four favourite colours in this palette have to be Kitten, Sunset, Bubbly and Night Sky

Have you tried this particular palette? What are your favourite colours? Which other Stila palettes have you tried and loved? 

 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...