18 May 2014

Maybelline Color Elixir Color Sensational Creamy Lip Lacquer Review

Phewww that's one long name for a lip product!!!

I finally got my hands on this highly talked about lip product a few days ago.


Let's start with the packaging. I'm so impressed with the packaging. It's the size of a lipstick and the lip lacquer sits inside a lipstick shaped tube. This reminds me a little bit of the Dior Addict Fluid Stick. The tear drop shaped wand makes for an easy application.


The colours that I choose are 100 Petal Plush and 025 Mauve Mystique.

Petal Plush is a light pink with shimmer through out. I really liked the colour when I swatched it at the shop but am not entirely sure I like it on my lips. It looks a bit pale but I will need to try and see how it works layered on top of lipsticks.


Petal Plush
Mauve Mystique is a beautiful dusty rose pink. It reminds me a little of the Revlon Berry Haute colour and I think it would be a great match for layering over that lipstick. I quiet like this colour especially for the upcoming winter months.


Mauve Mystique
The pigmentation on both of these is amazing. I didn't think that they would be so pigmented and one swipe gives full colour.

The texture is shiny, smooth and hydrating and doesn't feel sticky like a standard lipgloss. That has completely won me over as I want glossy lips sometimes but absolutely loath lipgloss.

Without Flash L - R: Petal Plush, Mauve Mystique

With Flash L - R: Petal Plush, Mauve Mystique
These also have a very sweet scent which I'm still a little unsure off. I prefer my products to be scentless but this isn't all that bad. It's sweet smelling kind of like a combination of candy and baby powder.

The only downside to it is the longevity. Petal Plush disappeared within an hour on me and the Mauve Mystique lasted about 2 - 3 hours. This is without eating or drinking.

Overall it's a great product. I really like the fact that it's quiet pigmented like a lipstick and so glossy without the stickiness of a lipgloss. I will definitely add a few more colours to my collection over the next few months.

Have you tried the Color Elixir yet? What do you think of it? What is your favourite colour? 


 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...