08 May 2014

Autumn Makeup Look using a Laura Mercier

It's becoming very chilly here in Sydney and Autumn is well and truly upon us. As the temperature drops, I tend to go for darker lip colours that are more creamy and matt rather than glossy and sparkling.



We went out for an early mothers day dinner with my mum and my daughter was up most of the night sick (can you spot the bloodshot eyes?), so I wanted to keep this quiet simple.


On my face I used the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation and I used my Sigma Duo Fibre Brush to apply it. A little goes a long way with this beautiful foundation but I find it necessary to use a brush to apply it. 


And you can't forget the trusted MAC concealer palette. Especially when only having about 2 hours of sleep that night. 

I then added my Mac Mineralised Powder over the top to set my makeup.

On the cheeks I applied my Napoleon Perdis NP Set Baked Powder Blush and on my eyebrows I used my Estee Lauder eye brow pencil to fill them in lightly. 


On the eyes I used this beautiful Melli Cosmetics eyeshadow palette. These colour are super pigmented and so light and fluffy if that makes sense. Once you put a brush onto the colour it seems to turn into a loose eyeshadow consistency, hence why my palette is so "dusty".  I used the 1st colour from the top on my lip, the 4th colour from the top lightly all over my lid and very very lightly on my crease and the last colour on the bottom row to smudge out the ever so slightly winged eyeliner. I used the L'oreal Super Liner Blackbuster. 




I then topped it off with the Maybelline Falsies Mascara. I love this mascara as it really gives the appearance of false lashes and it's waterproof which is an added bonus. But be aware! It's hard work getting it off your lashes at night. 


On my lips I used the Laura Mercier  Lip Stain in the colour Sugar Violet. It was my first time using this colour and it lasted all through dinner. This is definitely my quick go to lip colour now. And if you haven't seen my Instagram account, I uploaded a picture of how well it matched the Essie It's Genius nail colour (post here). Although it looks more like a red/brown colour in the picture, I promise it looks more like a purple/mauve in real life. 




Have you tried any of these products? 
 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...