02 May 2014

5 Minute Makeup

Being a busy mum of two I sometimes don't get much time to do my makeup in the mornings. I would normally just put on some foundation and a coat of mascara, but on the days that I would need to go to work or for a catch up with some friends, I'd need a little more than that. 

This is my favourite simple 5 minute look. When you don't have much time it's great to have an eyeshadow, concealer and blush palette with different colours on hand so that you don't have to waste time looking for other colours in your draw or makeup bag. 





To start of with I appy my foundation which is the Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse. This foundation is such a beautiful consistency and is easily spreadable so you don't need to use any brushes to apply it.

I will then cover up any blemishes with my MAC Pro Conceal and Correct Palette. Having the palette means that I have a colour to cover my blemishes (and I missed one on my forehead :( ) and a lighter colour to put on my dark circles. 

Once that's done I will fill in my eyebrows. This time I used the Estee Lauder brow pencil. 

Then onto the blush which is the Napoleon Perdis NP Set Baked Powder. I absolutely love this product because you can use the darker colour to contour and the lighter colour to highlight and if you mixed them together you get the most beautiful rosy colour for your cheeks. Today I only used it as a blush on my cheeks. 

Next step the eyes! I love doing my eye makeup with the Urban Decay original palette. I love the fact that it comes with a brush which in my opinion can be used for blending and smudging as well. 
On the eyes I did the following: 

1. Apply the colour Naked all over the lid
2. Apply the colour Buck in my crease and blend, blend, blend
3. Use the rounded edges of the brush and dip it into the colour Hustle and line the upper and lower lash line. This gives it a beautiful soft look. 


Then it's onto a coat or two of mascara. Today I used the Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara.

And a quick application of the Clinique Chubby Stick in Heaping Hazelnut. I love the chubby sticks because they are like a beautiful lip balm with colour.




This is a super quick and subtle makeup look which is suitable for everyday or if you don't like to wear a lot of makeup.

What do you apply to your face when you only have 5 minutes? 
 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...