11 April 2014

The Mummy Hairstyle

The Mummy Hairstyle?! You may be asking what that is and I'm here to tell you.

You see as a mummy I find it so hard to find the time to do my hair. By do my hair I mean brush it properly, blow dry it and perhaps straighten or curl it. In the last 4 years I can count on 1 hand how often I did that on any given day. My hair get's brushed very quickly in the morning and then put up in a ponytail or a messy bun and I'm so sick and tired of it. I want to have nice hair but quiet frankly if I leave it out it just annoys me so much that I put it into a ponytail within an hour and if it doesn't annoy me then it goes all frizzy or oily and needs to be tamed by being put in a ponytail.

I went to the hairdresser today and asked her for some advice about my crazy hair combination and while she was telling me about all these different products I got the biggest urge to just cut it all off. It took so much willpower to actually not do it.

When I got married nearly 6 years ago I had really long hair and always wanted to cut it short so after the wedding I did exactly that. I got the whole Posh Spice concave hairstyle and loved it. I kept it for a few years and it went even shorter while I was pregnant with my son. Once he was born I decided it was time to grow it as I was getting a bit sick of the same hairstyle every day. It grew long and I experiment with different styles. Then I fell pregnant with my daughter and the crazy pregnancy hormones made me cut it Posh Spice short again.

My hair is pretty long again but it's always in a pony tail and I feel like when it's down it makes my face look even smaller than it already is. Yes I have a serious issue with my small head. And then there is the annoyance of it being frizzy/oily and all over the place as I mentioned above.

If I do decide to get it cut again it will be something like this.





So what are your thoughts on the short hair vs long hair debate? Which is easier to maintain especially for mum's? And what are your go to products to keep your hair shiny and frizz free?

Nikky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...