06 April 2014

New Skincare Regime

Over the last 1.5 years my skin has become total mayhem. 


I've always had combination skin. Oily T-zone and dry cheeks. Ever since I gave birth to my daughter it's gone from combination, to oily to dry and massive breakouts and this is all during the course of 1 month. 


I'm completely devastated because I'm a make up artist and get asked a lot about skin care and am supposed to give some sort of advice and here I am not able to work out my own skin problems. 


In the last 1.5 years I have tried Dermologica, Aveeno, Nivea, Witch Hazel, Dove Beauty Soap, Lancome, QV and Clinique. None of them helped. In fact I think the products all made my skin worse. 


After doing some research, I was recommended MD Formulations, Pevonia and Olay. I decided to go with Olay. It's easily accessible and affordable.

Image
I did a skin test on their website and spoke to a sales assistant at Priceline today and decided to try their Total Effects 7 Cream Cleanser for blemish prone/oily skin and gentle day cream with SPF 15. They do have a moisturiser in the blemish prone/oily skin range but since my face tents to be very oily one day and dry the next I decided to try this to prevent more drying of my skin. 

The cleanser is a beautiful creamy texture with a little grain to scrub the skin whilst cleansing and smells amazing. The moisturiser seems thick at first but is actually lightweight and beautiful. At first it smelled fresh but now has a lingering sunscreen smell. I only needed half a pump to cover my whole face and neck.  

I've heard some wonderful things about Olay and can't wait to do another review in about 4 weeks time. 

While I was there I bought myself some of these Simple facial wipes. I love having these on hand for those nights when you don't have time or just feel overtired to do a proper skin care routine. I also keep face wipes in my gym bag. It's such a wonderful feeling to "clean" your face after a big sweaty workout.  
 Image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...