18 April 2014

My Easter Makeup Look

Thought I'd share my first makeup look with you guys. I am one of those people who sometimes tries a makeup look before a special occasion to make sure that I like it rather than having to re-do it on the day.

Easter Sunday is usually a big deal for our family. We start the day with a family breakfast, Easter Mass then lunch at at my inlaws which includes the whole immediate family and then usually a second dessert or dinner at my parents place. Special occasions such as Easter and Christmas I really like to go all out and put extra effort into how I look, even though it's just family.

As it's getting cooler here in sydney I decided to go for a more autumny (is that a word) look with a darker lip colour and a natural eye.






1. This foundation!!!!  The Lancome Teint Visionnaire Foundation is the best thing that I've discovered in the beauty world in a long time. It's the perfect match for skin. The colour and the texture. It doesn't break me out and my combination skin stays matt for most of the day. Another great part about it is that it comes with the perfect match concealer so it's very easy to cover up those annoying blemishes.


2. I added a concealer under my eyes to cover the dark circles and brighten my eyes. This one is Mac and works well on my skin. I love that the palette has so many different colour options. I use the Light palette as I prefer it for highlighting but it comes in medium, medium deep and dark. Mac Pro Conceal and Correct Palette/Light


 3. I then filled in my eyebrows. They are so horrible at the moment. A beautician took of way too much from the top of my right side and I'm now growing them out. I use a blond Mary Kay eyebrow pencil that I've had for a very long time which has been discontinued since I purchased it. I don't really like my eyebrows to be really really dark but I prefer some definition with a little colour.

4. I then applied this absolutely amazing blush by TheBalm in the colour Hot Mama!. This is a sample size that my friend brought back from the States. I will definitely buy the full size once I've used this one up.


5. This Clinique eyeshadow/blush/bronzer palette was also a gift from my friend and I haven't seen it around the shops in australia. The colours are called Twilight Mauve and Brandied Plum. You can get the eyeshadow duo here.
I applied the lighter colour all over my lid and on my brow bone. I then used the darker colour and applied it very lightly with a fluffy blending brush on my outer lid and crease for some definition.
I also used the darker colour on a flat liner brush and put that on the top and bottom lash line.


6. I then added 2 coats of my Maybelline The Colossal Volum Express Mascara to my top and bottom lashes. 


7. And onto the best part, the lipstick. This is the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in the colour Berry Haute. I love Mac products and this is almost identical to the Mac Up the Amp colour, but I think I prefer the texture of the Revlon lipstick much better. I added a little bit of this nude/pink Napoleon lipgloss which I found in my makeup kit. 

And here are a few pics of the finished look. Notice the mummy hairstyle? 



What makeup are you wearing this weekend?

Nikky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...