29 April 2014

BellaBox April 2014

So I bit the bullet and signed up to bellabox to see what all the fuss is about.



I received it in the mail this morning and here is what I got





1. Avon Mega Effects Mascara - $19.95 for 9ml

This was the full sized item. I've seen tv commercials on this mascara and was keen to try it so I was happy to see it in the box.
It's a little hard getting the actual brush out of the lid at first but I worked it out eventually. To be honest after trying it I wasn't too impressed. Perhaps I'm old fashioned, but I prefer the good old fashioned mascara. This was fiddly and I couldn't get the brush as close to the lash line as I normally like to. I also didn't like the plastic brush head that much.

2. Vaseline Ultimate 10 Anti-Ageing Body Lotion - $7.68 for 225ml

I'm quiet excited to use this. Let's face it, I'm 30 and my skin isn't what it used to be. The texture is a little thicker than the other Veseline Body Lotions that I've used but going into winter this might actually be a good thing. The only thing that throws me off is the smell. It's very floral and I'm not a big fan of floral.

3. St Tropez Sel Tan Bronzing Face Lotion - $49.95 for 50ml

I was excited to see this as I'm a big fan of  the St Tropez tanning products. I've never ever applied a fake tan to my face so this should be an interesting one to try out. As with all St Tropez products the smells is amazing and the texture is really light.

4. Indio Eye Rise - $67.20 for 15ml

Another product that I was excited to see in the box was this eye cream. I've been meaning to go out and buy an eye cream so this has saved me some researching for now. I've never heard of this brand before but going by the reviews that I read online about it, it seems to be a good product. This is a day eye cream and has inbuilt sunscreen and concealing properties. Very excited to try and it smells really nice.

5. Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm - $7.95 for 8.5g

I have heard so many people rave about Burt's Bees and I must be the only one who doesn't like it. I've tried a few products in the past and have always passed them along to those who loved the products. This particular lip balm is with Vitamin E & Peppermint and I thought it smelled really nice but once I put it on my lips the burning from the peppermint started and I pretty much removed it almost immediately. This just shows that I still don't like their products.

6. I received some colour samples for the Revlon Nearly Naked Makeup. I'm keen to see if any of them match my skin colour and what the texture and longevity of foundation is.




What's my verdict? Well I'm keen to try 3 of the 5 products, but I'm not completely blown away. I might give the bellabox another go next month before I make my decision wether to continue or cancel the membership.

Do you subscribe to a beauty box? 



Nikky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...